Posts tagged music
There is certain lot’s of non news this week. And another story that has a limited news-worthiness (is that a word?) that’s the lead on WAY to many media’s pages.
Here is the summary:
- iTunes to get Beatles music - the so called BIG announcement from Apple. *yawn* Beatles music is available elsewhere for AGES, it’s not BIG for us, it’s just coz Beatles (aka Apple Corps) keep suing Apple Computers that it even has ANY news-worthiness
- Some celeb says no I am not getting divorced. Great, so someone I don’t care about denies something that is probably not true to start with.
- Someone tipped over a portable toilet in Christchurch. But wait, not once but TWICE. Sorry, this is NOT news. I could call it a ‘shit story’ but I won’t. Oops, too late
- Then there is this story that has a headline that’s blatantly untrue about food supplies in Christchurch supermarkets being in doubt (they aren’t since the article clearly says they are being stocked just fine from Auckland). This is classic non news with a sensational headline.
But the biggie for overplayed news story of the day goes to this:
- Some guy called William is getting engaged. OK it is news coz he’s the Prince of something, 2nd in line to something else (the British thrown they say) but being the lead story is WAY overplaying its importance (slow news anyone?). But what’s really bad is doing stupid stories like this saying Local Couple Delighted is just a waste of my screen space. They could do a story about a local blogger bored with lack of journalistic stories, as that would be true too, but I fear this won’t happen soon.
Black and White Version: Nothing to see here, move on. Oh, wait Prince William got engaged, not a biggie I know, but yeah, slow (news) blogging day for me.