Posts tagged John Campbell
Richard’s black and white take on recent (earthquake) events:
- Ken Ring is wrong on earthquakes. He doesn’t know shit about the topic. He can’t predict earthquakes.
- Ken ring is quite good on weather prediction.
- To see more about both people really should READ Ken Ring’s web page (and read more than one paragraph!). See how Ring predicts a large earthquake around March 20th in the Culverdon and Amberly region (not Christchurch). See also how he predicts a major earthquake every week.
- John Campbell showed poor judgment when interviewing Ring (but he has apologised for it the next day).
- The whole discussion on tax increase to pay for the earthquake recovery (by politicians and the media) is premature and distasteful – now is not the time. DPF on KiwiBlog says this so much better!
- I find it interesting that people in Aranui Christchurch think they aren’t getting looked after coz they are in a poor suburb. They are wrong. Rich suburbs get the same treatment too. I live in Sumner (one of the hardest hit suburbs). I didn’t get power for a week (in the last 15% of the city to get it), I still have no water or sewerage, there are no portaloos on my street (in fact none for a km), and I haven’t seen a Red Cross, Council worker, or civil defense person yet. But I am OK with that. They are doing what they can. I can drive to a mate’s for a shower, candles and torches worked well for light. I could go on ….
- Things like power, showers, and running water are very easy to take for granted.
- Lost pets are one of the untold stories of this earthquake. Cats (and dogs, when fences fall down) run away.
- The best before and after pics on the earthquake are here
Oh, and here is the BEST story about the earthquake so far. A TradeMe auction of a rock (that hit someone’s house – image top right). The Q&A are priceless!
1. yes: my mains line that he went through, 2. nope – he is roll on roll off, 3. yep we are all okay thanks very much 8:38 am, Wed 2
Black and White Version: This Ken Ring is a nutter, John Campbell was rude, clean up is taking a while, but a great job is being done.