Tech companies – the round up
Another straight to the point, black and white post here.
My views on the current, and future prospects, of various tech companies.
|Short Term||Medium/Long Term (3-5 years)
|Rim (aka Blackberry)||Good|
|FaceBoook||Good||Good – Very Good|
I’ll give just brief further comments on the mobile device space:
- I think Google’s OS (Android) will be the biggest by far in 5 years (sooner), with over 50% market share,
- Apple will be the most profitable by far, and maintain the position as the biggest selling single phone of any supplier.
- Microsoft and Nokia combined will have less market share in this space than Apple or Linux presently do in the PC space (less than 10% combined) – they are dead long term in this market.
- Rim (blackberry) will maintain their market share for now (give or take a few %), but long term they will be a niche player.
I also think Microsoft will go after (ie battle) Google more than it will Apple. It’s lost the war with Apple (or more to the point, they aren’t on the same battle field). Microsoft have two main resources – CASH, and their huge user base. Let’s see if they can do anything with that. There is hope for Microsoft, because unlike Rim and Nokia, they have FAR wider base of products than just the mobile device space. But that would involve a whole change for the company – and actually get innovative again.
Black and White Version: Many current market leaders (aka Google and Apple) will continue to be strong. Others, like Microsoft are long term dead-ducks.
- iPhone 4S – Black and White Pre-Review
- Predictions – for 2011 and beyond
- Firstin.co.nz rip off AGAIN
- iPad 2 Pre-Review
- A recap of the (non) news of the week
- Voicemail on XT with iPhone 4
- iPad four months in (a review)
- Best and funniest iPhone 4 and Apple videos on the web
- iPhone 4 and iPad in NZ – the black and white version
- iPhone NZ Launch FAIL