Hug a Gay Day 2nd Feb 2011
International Hug a Gay Day
OMG, how did I (almost) miss this one this year!
Yes, 2nd February is once again international hug a gay day (it’s the 4th Annual Hug A Gay day).
Last year I posted about how many were confused about what is was for, and how to hug a gay, so I produced a quick guide. The full Hug a Gay Day guide is here, and the unwritten rules for Hug a Gay day here, but in a nutshell:
- Anyone can hug a gay today (best to ask 1st)
- Gay guys hugging gay guys is OK – but you do that anyway right? So its more about str8 mates hugging you to show how cool and modern and metro (if they are a guy) they are.
- Self hugs don’t count (even if you are gay)
The most common question I still get is How long should I hug for? And my reply is that my gay friends said no more than 5 seconds, my straight mates said (on average), around 3. So let’s say under 4 seconds. Better still, let’s make it catchy: Hug for 3, and you’ll be free, hug for 4, and you might get more. (Did that make any sense? Can you tell I don’t write jingles for a living?)
Oh, and the how to hug video in case you missed it:
Black and White Version: Hug a gay day is back! Go on do it, I know you want to!
- Truely awesome short film – must watch
- Hug a Gay Day 2012
- Awesome Gay Short Film
- It’s tough being gay, so I am told
- AirNZ Gay Kiss (that wasn’t) now banned
- Grindr – how to get smiley faces in profile, and other tips
- Grindr, gay men, sex and the NZ Herald
- Funny French McDonalds ad and the parody reply
- Credit Card Scandal for Labour’s Ministers
- No homo: That’s Gay