Google Ads (adsense) – my 1st block
One of the nice features about AdSense by Google is that it allows certain ads to be blocked, either by type, or, in my case below, from a particular domain.
I have just blocked www.bidrivals.com (I don’t want to link to them since that’s really an ad isn’t it?), because, well IMHO opinion it’s a scam site. Advertising an iPad with an auction closing in 10 seconds for $2.50 may SEEM like an amazing deal, but to me it has all the hallmarks of a scam. I just read some of their fine print, and it looks like you buy bids (@ 90c each), and then bid on what looks like super cheap stuff. So they make their money from the BIDS not the sale, so, well yeah – SCAM (IMHO). So yeah, I either just said some bad stuff about a legit site, or more likely, I just expressed my correct opinion about a scam site, and as a result blocked them from showing on any Google Ads on this blog.
I may not be able to vet each ad that comes from Google, but I will be sure to block the real bad ones that I spot!
PS: Looks like the changes take a few hours, so if you are reading this on Thur 29th July, ignore any ads offering iPads for $2
Black and White Version: Google AdSense allows for ad blocking – I just blocked my 1st one. BYE BYE Scammers!
- Don’t vote for Jim, and here’s why (he breaks the law)
- Now that’s how you do an iPad app for a newspaper NZ Herald (and how not to do it AirNZ!)
- Funny French McDonalds ad and the parody reply
- AirNZ Travel Insurance Scam
- Advertising (to Google or not to Google).
- 1-day pricing very misleading
- Road Safety Ads – how different countries do it
- Earthwise Valley Scam – DANGER WILL ROBINSON!
- Owning a colour – it can be done