Apple Tablet (iSlate anyone?)
The apple tablet is all but confirmed now. For a quick recap of rumors up until now, visit this site.
I was wrong when I predicted it would be announced in 2009 and not 2010.
But …. here is my predictions from here about it from here:
- Like the iPhone, it won’t be revolutionary in any ONE thing, but the way we interact with it will take current technology and make it just “work” (aka how iPhone does sms text messages – seams so obvious to have a chat log thread).
- It will do three (maybe four) things quite well, but not as much as we might think.
- It will be a e-book reader (but think more than just “e-books” think any electronic documents)
- On the Operating System (OS) front, I still think it will be closer to OSX than it will be to the iPhone OS.
- It will have a sim slot for data connection, and of course wi-fi (n)
- It will play videos well. It will have something new here.
- It will be 10″. They may have a smaller 7″ version as well (maybe)
- It will be around $US 600 (but as usual be more expensive overseas, so in NZ expect around $NZ 1000 = $US 700/750)
- It will be announced in late Jan 2010, and made avail for sale March/April 2010.
- Oh, and I will probably get one
Black and White Version: The Apple tablet will be less about WHAT it does, and more about HOW we interact with it.
Note: Image from www.islate.org
- iPhone 4S – Black and White Pre-Review
- Firstin.co.nz rip off AGAIN
- Tech companies – the round up
- iPad 2 Pre-Review
- A recap of the (non) news of the week
- iPad four months in (a review)
- Best and funniest iPhone 4 and Apple videos on the web
- iPhone 4 and iPad in NZ – the black and white version
- iPhone NZ Launch FAIL
- iPad Data Plans Comparision – XT, Vodafone and 2 degrees