Hacked web site – ooops
Looks like Stuff.co.nz is reporting today that the JBHiFi web site has been hacked, and diverting users to a page with a virus.
Stuff is a TAD slow on this – even a very small, but VERY cool, kiwi web site specalising on iPhones, spotted this a few days ago.
Oh, and looks like stuff forgot to mention “Oh, btw guys, our site had a virus last year, when we allowed an advertiser to promote a “virus checker” that was actually a virus”. OOOOOPS. I am told they apologised (in rather small print) the next day. At least JBHiFi werent involved (ie they were the ones hacked). Stuff.co.nz actually APPROVED the advertiser!
Back and White Version: Mainstream media are so light on themselves, tough on others (In my opinion of course!)
PS: Before anyone from stuff.co.nz threatens to sue me – all of teh above is my OPINION on what happened. So there (and besides if it’s true – you screwed up!)
- Christchurch earthquake – the media are leeches.
- Drunk women are targets? – WELL DUH!
- A recap of the (non) news of the week
- Grindr, gay men, sex and the NZ Herald
- Credit Card Scandal for Labour’s Ministers
- Grindr – the ultimate gay iPhone app?
- Vodafone fails (again) but no hate FaceBook pages or random rants
- XT bashing
- Now this is news!
- Telecos may rip us off at times, but where is the user responsibility?