Australia, roaming with iPhone on XT, and misc …
I have been away in OZ for the last 4 days. I hightly recommended booking a trip to the Gold Coast (or anywhere sunny and warm) from NZ mid winter, even if it is for only a few days. Sunshine does WONDERS for the system, and flights are VERY cheap these days if you have some flexibility with when you go.
That does remind me, I will soon do a comparison on AirNZ and Qantas on international flights, lounges, airpoints schemes etc. For those that know me well, I travel A LOT (some times up to 8 flights a week – although most of this is domestic. My record is actually 11 flights in 7 days – 2 of these international).
Some good news too: The iPhone 3Gs DOES work on roaming on XT (Telecom), in Australia at least, even if you do the wee hack found on this page.
- iPhone 4S – Black and White Pre-Review
- South Africian Airways – Review
- It’s tough being gay, so I am told
- AirNZ – the black and the white
- Voicemail on XT with iPhone 4
- iPhone free smileys (emoji) – easy peasy
- Awesome iPhone App – Consume
- Now that’s how you do an iPad app for a newspaper NZ Herald (and how not to do it AirNZ!)
- iPhone 4 and iPad in NZ – the black and white version
- Grindr, gay men, sex and the NZ Herald